Dr. Neel received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine. He served his internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis and his residency in Ophthalmology at Indiana University Medical Center. He also earned a Master’s degree in Health Economics, Policy and Management with distinction from London School of Economics and Political Science. He received his undergraduate degree from Purdue University.
Dr. Neel is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology with fellowship in the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- Cataract surgery
- Diabetic eye care
- Surgery of the eyelids
- Glaucoma management
- Macular degeneration
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Tennessee Academy of Ophthalmology
- Tennessee Medical Association
- VISX and NIDEK laser certified
- Dr. Neel’s honors include Phi Beta Kappa and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
- He has numerous peer reviewed journal publications relating to ophthalmology.
- He has participated in medical missions providing eye care and teaching in Albania.
In his free time Dr. Neel enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, playing tennis, fishing, writing, and watching movies.